Sunday, June 07, 2015

Start of Kindergarten

Kate started Kindergarten in August. 
I was really excited that she was able to go to school where I went.  It is a great school district and I was confident that she would love it.  We were blessed to be put into Mrs. Hammon's class. 
She went to church with me growing up and is in our Sunday School class.  It was her first year to teach kindergarten but she had taught other grades previously.  Once Kate warmed up to her, she apparently just latched on to her and had daily playtime chats! 
On the first day of school, Kate had pancakes for breakfast.
Of course, we had to take first day of school pictures...complete with chalkboard for comparisons!
Then David and I took her to school and walked her in. 

She was excited but then, of course, didn't want us to leave.  That afternoon, she was tired but happy.  She had a great day...and a great year!

No comments: