Saturday, November 15, 2014

Spinach and Chicken Penne

David really enjoys pasta dishes but being gluten free makes that....different.  There are actually a lot of gluten free pasta options. 
For me the hardest to find is lasagna...but I have found it and you can't tell any difference...even my dad says so!  Anyway, back in April I made a penne chicken dish.  Y'all, it's been so long I can't exactly remember what I did but I'm pretty sure it was easy and something like this.  We all enjoyed it, especially David and Kate!

Gluten Free Chicken and Cheese Penne
1 rotisserie chicken
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with peppers
1 cup spinach
1 small bag penne pasta, cook as instructed (I eyeballed this...do as much as you like more or less to taste
cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook pasta per instructions.  Take meat off chicken in small, rough pieces.  Stir chicken, pasta, spinach, tomatoes and 1/2 cup cheese (more or less) together and pace in a casserole dish.  Sprinkle top with cheese  1/2-1cup.  Bake in oven until bubbly.  Enjoy!






No comments: