Monday, September 15, 2014

TERM!!!! 38 weeks

(Somehow, long post ahead...warning!)  Well, I made it through work.  Friday was my LAST DAY of work until baby comes.  Can I tell you how excited I was.  SO excited!  I had been nervous that I wouldn't make it but I did.  When I was leaving one of the nurses said "Don't look too excited."  Sorry!  I just couldn't help it!  I celebrated by going to kickboxing that afternoon and then out to eat with my mom, David and Kate. 
We went to a local restaurant and got some turnip green bites.  They were actually really good...of course, they were fried and filled with cheese, so.....

Anyway, not too much exciting happened during the week.  I did have a meeting on Tuesday at work that made me late for getting Kate to dance class.  It was a non-issue but stressed me out nonetheless.  Alas!  It's how I roll.  Wednesday the baby bedding came in.  Friday, David and my mom straightened and rearranged the nursery.  Things aren't in their final location and I have a project to do, but here is a preview!  I am so excited!!!  The closet appears messy but it is really organized. 
The diapers are stacked by size, nursing/feeding stuff is together, and toys are together.  We are looking for a changing table/display table but haven't gotten one yet.  I'd probably put it by the chair and move the bookcase to by the closet. 
Still need to add art, etc.  We might move the dresser and bed around some, but the whole room is useable and cute!  Ready for baby.  :-)

Thursday, my mom came to have a party with her friends for her birthday.  She picked Kate up from daycare, which made Kate happy.  Then Friday, she was able to go to the school at eat with Kate.  That afternoon, I was SO tired but we went to get a pedicure.  I picked out a super cute color called...."Moving Out!" 
I figured that was super appropriate.  :-)  Unfortunately, when I took my socks off after kickbox, my socks had damaged the color.  Alas!  It was still fun.

Saturday, I had lots of fun stuff planned; so, despite making it through the work week, I really wanted to make it through Saturday as well.   Success!!!! 
We went to a picnic for the residency program where Kate had a blast playing on the playground and wallering in the sandbox while I took pictures and David played kickball.  I'm not sure those shorts will survive!  And the attendings won.  Woo hoo!!!!  After that, I went to a local painting place with Sarah to do this painting we have wanted to do for a long time.  Christmas in September?  Sure!!!! 
Then, after a little time with David and Kate, I went to the Mississippi College football game to record the tackles.  Unfortunately, we have moved divisions and haven't quite gotten up to the same level as some of the teams.  We lost 58-0.  It was a busy but fun day....then came Saturday night.....

I was having NO problems.  No concerns.  Minimal contractions.  Until I woke up around 330 am on Sunday morning.  At 230, no problems.  330, I was having a painful sensation in my low abdomen.  This was accompanying the typical "tightening" I've had around the upper abdomen.  Hmmm, what was going on.  After not being able to fall asleep, I finally started tracking these sensations at about 415.  Yep, I was having them about 5 minutes apart.  If I was lying down, that painful sensation continued.  If I stood up or turned to my back it didn't hurt.  I lay there for 3 hours.  When David woke up I told him what had been going on and he encouraged me to call my doctor's office. 
Of course, I'm thinking, this can't be labor and I really don't want to go to the hospital and be sent home OR be stuck admitted when I'm not ready.  Thankfully, the nurse suggested taking a Tylenol, a warm bath and drinking a PITCHER of water within an hour.  I complied and was still having some tightening but no painful sensations....then I fell asleep while David and Kate were at church.  I think I slept for about 5 hours yesterday.  By 5pm I felt back to normal.  Who knows what it was but it wasn't labor.  I know baby should be ready and fine, but I just wasn't "ready," probably because it was so unexpected.  We'll see how I'm doing at the appointment on Tuesday.  Last week there were no indications of progress.

Last night, David let me watch the Miss America pageant.  We (well, I) were so excited that Miss Mississippi did so well.  I think that she should have definitely been in the top 5 but the judges didn't ask me.  I actually thought that the talents and interview responses were better than they have been in recent years.  Miss Mississippi ROCKED it!  Piano players was GREAT!  Miss Arkansas had a pleasant voice.  Miss New York had a good voice and was cute but I was just too distracted by the cup to enjoy it.  Sorry!  At the end, I wasn't in agreement with the judges...but rarely am I.  I think the last time I was excited was when Heather Whitestone won...that was a LONG time ago.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start watching with Kate.  I hate that they moved it to Sunday night because she just cannot stay up that late on a school night.  Oh well!
Today, I'm just hanging out at home resting, cleaning, organizing, and cooking.  Maybe we should say nesting?!  :-)

Due Date: September 25, 2014  
How Far Along: 38 weeks 4 days
Fruit/Veggie: Spaghetti squash, Leek  - 19-21 inches, 6.5-7 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!  
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily...but took a little break this weekend.  As mentioned above, I had an interesting Sunday.  Did kickboxing on Friday and it was quite difficult to do any kicks in front of my body - can we say belly?!  I did start the class with plank jacks and end the class with 100 jumping jacks.  OH YEAH!

Sleep: I'm pretty much waking up every 2 hours but can get to sleep quickly.  I can handle that.  Saturday night was obviously AWFUL...slept for about 2.5 hours, got up, 1 hour and then was awake for the rest of the night.

Cravings:  Anything fried sounds good.  Guess baby boy like fat?!  I still also really still want cold, sweet stuff.

What I love: Feeling and watching the baby move! I'm SO going to miss that.  I seriously think about that every time he moves around these days.  That was have the nursery organized and somewhat set up.  Still need to determine a final location of stuff and get a changing table/display cabinet.  That I am ON maternity leave!!!  Watching Miss America with David.  Football season!

What I miss: turning over in bed easily, sleeping, being able to pick things up off the floor (I seriously make a sound whenever I pick something up off the floor!)

What I'm looking forward to:  meeting baby!!!!  Y'all it's almost here!  Hopefully talking to Kate's class about being a doctor.

What I'm thankful for:  Getting to spend time with David, David's understanding of my need to just rest yesterday, Kate LOVING church and learning all about God's Word and His love for us

1 comment:

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

Hi Claire, found your blog through another blog friend!! You look great! I hope you remember me... maiden name is McCalip. We went to school and church together!! Hope your doing well!!!