Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fashion and Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Today (Monday), I am making my grandmother's peanut butter cookies to send to Kate's school for a teacher lunch.  I will probably send some to my dad's favorite car mechanic/friend as well.  He loves them.  However, David can't have them as I didn't modify for gluten free. 
These cookies, however, he could have and loved.  They are flourless peanut butter cookies.  Isn't it weird how you can make flourless cookies and they WORK!? 
I'm going to have to do these sometime soon with the Hershey's kiss in the middle.  David has actually asked for that recently. 

Anyway, as you can see, I had my little helper to make these with me and she was strutting her fashion stuff in full glory that day.  Gotta love seeing what a 4-5 year old thinks looks good.  :-)  I'm pretty sure she just put the tights on and then decided she was playing doctor.  Ha!  Just as Kate adapted her look, we adapted this recipe. 
I didn't use Reece's Pieces (though they are my FAVE!).  I'm pretty sure we used peanut butter cups and chocolate chips but peanut butter would be way good!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies adapted from Pies and Plots

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup peanut butter or chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter cups, cubed

 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda, and vanilla until well combined. Add the chips and candy and mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared sheet pan. Cookies do not have to be spaced too far apart, as they will not spread much. Flatten cookies slightly with your hand (This is important!), as they will not flatten much during baking.  Place the prepared pan into oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until cookies have cracked and are almost set. Enjoy!

No comments: