Friday, September 19, 2014

39 weeks - Really Less than a Week?

39 weeks!  39 weeks!  That means that my baby is due to be born in less than a week.  This is so crazy.  However, little man isn't showing ANY signs of wanting to make his appearance.  I was still not dilated any at my appointment, though my doctor said that she was able to "make" me 1 cm.  It didn't hurt but I did wonder what she was doing.  Ha!  Before going to that appointment, I got to go to Kate' s class and talk to them about doctors.  It's community helper week and a doctor is one helper they learn about.  They did GREAT!  I think I was there for about 40 minutes and they were actually pretty attentive.  We talked about what senses doctors use when they check you out, how they help and I showed them parts of the exam that I do (some of it is kind of like a game for them). 
THEN....they all got bouncy balls.  I didn't tell Kate I was coming; so, she was greatly surprised and excited. What FUN to surprise my girlie.  :-)

Yesterday, I spent several hours shopping for fabric to do my art project.  Thankfully, I found what I needed.  However, before I left, I decided to stop by McDonald's to get a sausage biscuit.  So, I ordered by biscuits (yes, two because I had a buy one get one coupon) and paid.  Then I got to the front window.  "Did you order two sausage biscuits?"  Yes.  "We're out of biscuits.  Do you want that on an English muffin or McGriddle?"  Um...nooooo.  I want biscuits.  Y'all...I seriously almost cried!!!  And by that time, it was too late to go across to another place to get one.  I was a sad pregnant girlie!  Oh well!  I was pretty worn out for the rest of the day.  Thankfully, David is pretty understanding.  On the fun side, I finished our photobook from Disney World last night. 


Due Date: September 25, 2014  
How Far Along: 39 weeks 1 day

Fruit/Veggie: Pumpkin, Personal/Mini Watermelon  - 19-21 inches, 7-8 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!  
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily...but I took a break from the gym mostly this week.  Tuesday I did go to the gym after my OB appointment but all other days I've walked about 1.5 miles and then did my exercise video.  And...I'm throwing back in the jumping.  Trying to get this little guy out.  Something tells me that just walking isn't going to cut it.  Planning on kickboxing again tonight.  :-) 

Sleep: Sleep isn't so great this week.  I've had a couple of nights where I didn't wake up for 3 or so hours but sleep after that has been a little fitful.  I think I'm just anxious for baby to arrive.

Cravings:  Lemonade.  Yep, I've been drinking a good bit of it this week.  At this point, I'm not craving much food-wise but anything cold is nice.

What I love: Feeling and watching the baby move! Still SO going to miss that.  That I am ON maternity leave!!!  It has really been a good week.  Getting to talk to Kate's class about being a doctor.

What I miss: turning over in bed easily, being able to sleep well - I know that I won't necessarily sleep more with baby but hopefully that will be because I'm feeding him rather than an inability on MY part to sleep, being able to pick things up off the floor (I seriously make a sound whenever I pick something up off the floor!)

What I'm looking forward to:  meeting baby!!!!  Y'all it's almost here!  Making the art project I have for baby's room - finally found some fabric and will hopefully start it today, if I can find paint brushes!

What I'm thankful for:  Getting to spend time with David and Kate, God's reminders that I NEED Him to be a good mom

No comments: