Thursday, July 24, 2014

Weeks 30-31

Wow!  I didn't realize I was so far behind on posting these.  I'm now only 9 weeks (that's a report card time span) away from due date.  Craziness!  These past two weeks have been really busy.  We are still trying to get moved in.  We are a bit more settled and actually have some pictures hung...but our garage still shows evidence of moving.  Last week, K was out of town with grandparents.  David and I did get to spend a little time together.  We went to Sam's one night (so exciting) and then went on a DATE NIGHT the next. 
We went furniture shopping first and then out to eat at Bravo.  It was REALLY good.  They have a large gluten free menu, so David was able to choose from a wide variety.  He ordered gluten free bruschetta, which was SO good.  Then for the main dish he had chicken fettuchini. I had a pineapple curry shrimp dish with polenta and veggie.  I actually subbed out a few shrimp for a crab cake that was great!  Then we had dessert. 
David got the peanut butter pie with pecan crust (SO good) and I have butter pecan gelato.  Again, SO good!  We just had a good time together.

The rest of the week was spent preparing for K's 5th birthday party.  I did a frozen themed party at a local gymnastics place.  She had a great time and I was really pleased with the outcome...but it WORE. ME. OUT!  We also went back to the furniture store again with my parents.  Still not sure what we'll do in the den or for a changing table.  Again, so tired I took a 2 hour nap Monday!  Tuesday I had my first two week appointment.  I can't believe it's already here.  Everything looked good and we're planning for one more ultrasound in about 4 weeks. 

Due Date: September 25, 2014  
How Far Along: 31 weeks
Fruit/Veggie: romaine lettuce head, napa cabbage,  - 16 inches, 2.5-3.5 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!  
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily.  Getting harder to motivate myself.  I'm just starting to feel lazy.  however, I went to my weights class last week and I'm going to it and kickboxing over the next couple of days.  Excited!

Sleep: I'm pretty consistently up at least twice a night, sometimes three.  Thankfully, I fall asleep almost immediately upon getting back in bed.  The pregnancy pillow has been great recently!  Now, if only K would quit waking me up to tell me she's afraid of the shadows!  ;-) 

Cravings: Um...ice cream, sausage biscuits.  Sometimes it's still hard to decide what I want.  I've been a little queasy on some mornings but it passes quickly once I drink some water.  I'm actually enjoying the water more recently, which I guess is good.

What I love: Feeling and watching the baby move! He has really been moving and grooving recently, especially during morning clinic and from 8-10pm.  I absolutely LOVE it!  My husband...he has continued to be supportive and encouraging.

What I miss: turning over in bed easily, bending over easily, being able to go "full out" at the gym, having energy for the WHOLE day!

What I'm looking forward to: picking out furniture for the house and nursery (found a chair I like, just have to decide if I'm going to get it), a couple more showers, school shopping with K

What I'm thankful for:  My sweet husband, always taking care of me.  A healthy pregnancy. K's party going well, getting to see family recently

2 comments:

Nandini Voice for the Deprived said...

Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Sterling silver nose rings said...

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thank you for supplying these details.