Monday, April 07, 2014

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread

So, like I said, I made a non-gluten free recipe for Sunday School, too.  It was a pumpkin bread that I had wanted to try for a long time.  Who says you can't make pumpkin bread in January?
It was SO good.  Of course, I am a bit partial to snickerdoodle AND crumb toppings.  Guess I made this one a little for me.  I shared it with my friend who had just had her baby and with work.  Despite making two loaves, it disappears quickly.  Try it out!

Vegan Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Bread from Bakeaholic Mama
2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbs cinnamon
15 oz fresh pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey (To make it vegan substitute maple syrup)
1/3 cup water

FOR THE TOPPING:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs cinnamon
2 tbs vegetable oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 loaf pans. 

In a large bowl mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, oil, honey, and water together. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.  Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.

In a small bowl using a fork mix all of your topping ingredients together until slightly crumbly. Sprinkle over the tops of each loaf.

Place the filled pans in the oven and bake for 1- 1 hour 15 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean.  Allow loaves to rest for 20 minutes before removing from pans. Enjoy!

No comments: