Monday, April 02, 2012

Treat Bars

I first made this treat last year...but then my hard drive crashed and I lost the picture.  So, I had to make it again!  I think I made it right before my birthday...just because I wanted to. 

The next morning they were all gone.  This is a simple treat made with granola, peanut butter, and butterscotch.  It would be a great treat to make with the kiddos.

 Once again, this is from the wonderful book from Southern Living.  I'm nearly finished with all the recipes...now I'm down to the ones that I didn't want to try as much! :-)  But try this one for sure...easy and yummy!

Triple Treat Bars from Southern Living Incredible Cookies
2 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 cups granola
1 1/2 cups M&M's

Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray then line with waxed paper.  Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter.  You can do this in a saucepan over low heat or slowly in a microwave, starting with 1 minute and stirring then 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until morsels melt.  Combine the granola and M&M's in a large bowl.  Pour the butterscotch mixture over them and stir.  Spread this into the prepared pan and place pan in the refrigerator.  Chill until firm.  Remove and cut into bars.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Those look very similar to peanut butter marshmallow squares that I make. Mmmmm.

http://solitarydiner.blogspot.ca/2011/12/advice-to-people-attending-holiday.html

Robert Richards Recipes said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Now, I have to get to the store to get the ingredients!