Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brownies for Kim

So, I made these brownies from Dine and Dish recently. I can't remember why I made them, though I think I took them with me when I was on call.  Yes, yes...I'm pretty sure I took them with me when I was "playing intern" the end of last month.  The on call resident is one of the PGY2's who says that she always looks to see when I'm on call...knowing that means call treats!  I couldn't let her down, so I made these.  Around 11pm, she still hadn't eaten even though we HAD had a chance to eat...I mean, I had eaten supper in the midst of admissions.  Anyway, she finally had some and I think it helped make the night better.  These were definitely good but were a taaaad more crusty than I prefer...I'm a big fudgy/chewy kind of girl.  Try them out for yourself!

The "Best" Brownies from Dine and Dish through Food.com
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350.  Place all ingredients into a mixer and combine thoroughly. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour brownie batter into the baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So glad you were able to try them - I love the crust on the outer edge but also chewy as well. Hope all is well :)