Sunday, January 04, 2009

Because Bananas are Healthy

So, Santa is quite full from all those cookies and is trying to lighten up...just a little bit! I mean, his sweet tooth never dies, but if you add fruit that makes it better for you, right? So, he's enjoying these maple banana muffins. They're quite moist and sweet enough for good ole Santa! I honestly can't remember EXACTLY what I did, but I know it was based on this recipe. I think it was something like this:

Maple Banana Bread

1/3 cup butter, melted (or oil)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg
2 bananas, mashed
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (or use muffin cups). In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas. Add milk. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tin or muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through. You can test using a piece of raw spaghetti or a very small knife if you don't have a cake tester.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I love banana bread, and the addition of maple syrup sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

These sound great! I am always looking for new ideas for breakfast. Yum!

Unknown said...

Sara - I thought it added some nice moisture and a different taste.

SarahKate - I have another recipe coming soon that I liked even better. If you like gingerbread, then you'll like that one. Hope you like these if you try.

Katrina said...

My favorite muffin--BANANA!

Peabody said...

Mmm, with maple syrup, the Canadian in me is loving that.

Unknown said...

Katrina - I love them!

Peabody - It really was just perfect! Maple is such a lovely flavor.

B Nettles said...

I can't wait until I'm a banana again.