Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Hit and ARF

My team was on call last night, so I baked cookies. I took these but made a few changes like adding nuts, decreasing butter by 2 T (knowingly) and adding that 2nd egg (accidentally). They turned out just as good if not better than before. Believe it or not, with a few random residents thrown in there, my two residents polished the whole batch off! We had a LONG night and needed the caffeine. :-) So, today, I'm tired. I got the most sleep of anyone last night...about 2 hours compared to 30 minutes and none. I took a 2.5 hour nap today and will sleep good tonight going into my DAY OFF!!! I'm going in search of a banana-pumpkin bread or muffin recipe to make tomorrow. If you know of one, let me know. While I do that, I leave you with this berry muffin. It's from a new show on The Food Network. I really enjoyed the show and recipe...maybe I'll check her out again. I did make a few changes to this recipe. The muffins stayed fresh for several days without getting that old muffin stickiness to them. So, if you have some straggler blueberries or even some frozen, try this out. If Cate still had ARF Tuesdays, I'd send this recipe for sure!!
Sunny Morning Muffins adapted from Sunny Anderson
Ingredients

* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* Pinch ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
* 2 large eggs
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1 1/2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, and sugar. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in blueberries.

Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out with a few crumbs but not wet, about 30 minutes. Cool on a rack to room temperature.

8 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Oh - I remember these from her show. I love Sunny Anderson.

Did you know she's a blogger too? www.sunnyanderson.blogspot.com - and she's a commenter!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Whaat morning wouldn't be improved by these great muffins?

sarah (SHU) said...

oh my gosh, you brought your residents baked goods?? why can't you be on MY team?

Unknown said...

Darius - I did not know that but went and found her blog to link it! thanks!

Lynn - I just don't know?!

Sarah - Yep! I even took blondies the next call. :-)

Cate said...

Mmmm, love how they're bursting with so many berries!

Jennifer said...

These sound great!! Thanks so much!

I too am from MS with a passion for health and great cooking!

God Bless,
Jennifer

Katrina said...

TWD (Tuesday's With Dorie) post today is Pumpkin Muffins! Check out the recipe at Kelly's blog www.barbaricgulp.com
You can add a mashed banana if you want, it won't "hurt" them. These are a good basic pumpkin muffin. A lot of people are saying they aren't quite pumpkin-y enough, you could add some extra pumpkin. If you add a banana and some extra pumpkin, you might add a couple tablespoons more flour. There's about 300 bakers doing TWD each with a spin on the pumpkin muffin. Lots are adding chocolate chips (I did!) Yummy.

Sarah R said...

Those look tres fab - why not start up ARF again yourself?? I'd be happy to help host!

Let me know!