Saturday, August 09, 2008

Oh...re...oh!

When I did my last post, I got a bit sad. Through those posts I was able to relive my trip and, in a way, extend it. When Wednesday came, my trip was really over. Thursday I found myself thinking, this time last week I was sitting on the plane in Memphis waiting for the lightning to stop, etc. I've even been listening to my Wicked CD all week, singing Defying Gravity today in the free clinic. Yet, I must return to regular life. I guess that means giving you a recipe! Several weeks ago, I found this recipe on Jenny's blog. When I told my mom that's what I wanted to make, she said "YUM!" On the whole, this is a pretty simple recipe but it's jazzed up by the addition of oreos. I think next time, I would probably add more oreos and either add more flour or use margarine instead of butter. Mine don't look at puffy as Jenny's; don't understand why as I followed her directions exactly except for the number of oreos. The crisp cookie that butter makes, my family just doesn't enjoy as much. However, this is a good cookie and worth trying!Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies slightly adapted from Picky Palate

1 stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
9 Oreo Cookies, broken into pieces
1 Cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

I ran into your blog probably through Cookie Madness, but just read all about your trip to NY and it was so fun to read and see all about it. I just went to NY in April for the first time and had such a blast. So fun to see your pics of the city! I saw Wicked, too and have since seen it in Kansas City. I actually, for some reason, like the traveling group better than the NYC one, so hopefully you'll get to see it. You'll have to tell me what you think.
I also saw Spamalot. To die for hilarious! Spamalot was the whole reason for my trip, I had to go see Clay Aiken as Sir Robin in the show.
Loved the whole NY experience. You can read about my adventures there, if you want. I posted about it in May sometime. We were only there for two days (not enough time!) and did as much as we possibly could then! Gorgeous city.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Chip and Oreo cookies are my favs, so having both in one cookie?? YES. Oh Yes! Very yummy sounding indeed.

The end of a trip is always so bittersweet. My mom is going to visit my in a couple months and I am SO looking forward to it, but I'm going to be sad when she leaves.

Peabody said...

Looks like you had a great time on your trip...and speaking of great...look at those cookies.

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounded fun and the cookies looks so good. Nothing like a chocolate chip cookie, the best!

Alexa F. said...

I substituted the oreos with a pack of peanut butter m&ms. I brought them to work today and I am sure they are upset because I only brought one each. I made big cookies though, and they are soooo delicious! Thanks!

Deborah said...

Your trip to NYC looks like so much fun! I was just there a few months ago, and I totally am itching to go back already. Your cookies look great too!

Deanna said...

I have been wanting to make those same cookies since I saw them on Picky's blog.

Can't wait to see Wicked myself!!

Brilynn said...

Using cookies to make cookies is genius! They look great.

Unknown said...

Katrina - I've checked out the traveling group and they look (and sound) great! I'm so excited. The girl we saw for Elphaba was a stand in and I think I'm glad we had her. She was great. Actually, she and the traveling girl are two of the best I've heard (on You Tube!).

Ari - It's always sad when you have to leave family, that's for sure. I think a cookie like this would be great with nutter butters.

Peabody - THe trip was FANTASTIC.

YISK - It was fun. The cookies were pretty good, too.

Dimplz - That sounds great! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it!

Deborah - I'm with you on going back. Who knows when that will happen!

Deanna- I recommend both!

Brilynn - Thanks!