Sunday, August 03, 2008

New York City!!!! Day 1

This time last week, I was walking around New York City looking for something to eat. There was so much to choose from. We walked all the way to the theater and then decided to walk back to Hell's Kitchen and eat at Uncle Nick's Greek restaurant. I wasn't incredibly excited about it but it turned out to be pretty good. Daddy got lamb chops, Mama got traditional moussaka, and I got vegetable moussaka. We decided that the vegetable moussaka was better. Instead of the meat mixture it had spinach and feta. So good when put together with the bechamel. After dinner, we went to the Gershwin Theater to see Wicked. OH...it was so good! I can't wait to see it again, which hopefully I'll get to do as it is coming to Birmingham AND Memphis this year! After the play we hung around and got autographs from a couple of the actors (Boq and Fiyero!). Then we went back to our hotel in Newark. We stopped by a bread shop, Au Bon Pain, first to get breakfast, as our hotel only had a $12 buffet! For a snack after the theater we got an apple struddel and chocolate covered shortbread. Breakfast for me was museli...SO GOOD! I had never had it but got it twice while we were there. Mama and Daddy had cinnamon scone and another apple struddel. What a great first day. To see what we did and what we ate on Monday, stop back by tomorrow!

3 comments:

In Definition said...

claire, this looks SO fun! what an incredible weekend!

gail@more than a song said...

It looks like a great trip, how fun to see Wicked!
Stacy was here this weekend and she showed me some of your other pictures, all very good!

Unknown said...

Laura - I didn't know that was the name of your blog! :-) It was awesome. I want to go back.

Gail - It was great. I can't wait to see Wicked again in B'ham or Memphis. It's addicting, that's for sure. Glad you enjoyed the pics.