Saturday, September 09, 2006

Experimenting

I took a little break from studying tonight to make cookies. I'm planning on entering the Quaker Oats recipe contest. I've never done anything like that, although I have created my own recipes before. This time, I decided to do it correctly, i.e. write down what I did instead of trusting my brain to remember it! It's kind of fun. I think I have the base of the recipe just about right but timing is a bit of an issue along with other things that must be worked out to make it "just right." Needless to say, there may be some people getting to try some cookies (all the same) within the next couple of weeks!

7 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

Hi Claire--I'm responding to your comment on my blog about shirataki noodles. I get them at Van Hung Asian Market, which is on Hwy. 51 between Ridgeland and Madison.

Good luck in the recipe contest!

Anonymous said...

Cool, I bet your family and friends are looking forward to sampling all the trial runs :) Keep us posted, and good luck! I hope you win :)

Unknown said...

Susan - Thanks so much for the info. May have to check it out!

Stacy - I hope they like the sampling! It's kind of fun. Winning would be GREAT but I think the process is a good experience as well!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I bet all your friends will be more than happy to taste all the test cookies!

Unknown said...

Gail - I hope you're right! I just need to find somewhere to take them where I can get honest critcism. My dad is the good at that but he's not here!

Toni said...

Sounds like fun, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Okay Claire! I made honey crunch and chocolate croissants this weekend for a football party so now I have an almost full container of regular(not instant) oats, brown sugar, a bunch of raisins, and a almost full bag of milk chocolate hershey kisses and half bag of dark chocolate hershey kisses. Where do I go from here?